The OnePlus has released its latest smartphone which is a great successor on the market and named as OnePlus 5T. Speaking about the all-new OnePlus 5T from OnePlus, the giant smartphone was announced just before five days to be released, on November 16 and the smartphone was released on November 21 in the US.
Later on, OnePlus 5T has become available out of US. The OnePlus 5T comes packed with a full-screen display and the fingerprint sensor mounted on the rare side of the device, these are the only differences that you get when compared to the OnePlus 5. The Smartphone is still not available most of the nations.
Now coming to the topic, in order to Root OnePlus 5T you will have to first unlock the bootloader of the device, install TWRP and the root the OnePlus 5T with Super SU/Magisk. The below guide will explain you step by step, carefully follow it and get your OnePlus rooted successfully.
- Install ADB and fastboot on your PC if you have not install
- Enable USB debugging mode on your OnePlus 5T
- Enable OEM unlocking on your OnePlus 5T
(Go to settings > Developer Options > enable OEM Unlocking here)
- Make sure to charge your device at least up to 50%.
- Get a full backup of the OnePlus 5T, so that you do not have the risk of losing the data
First of everything, before you begin, rename the downloaded TWRP image file as recovery.img for the installation process and then move it to the ADB installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot). If you have not change the installation path of the ADB and Fastboot you will find it there or else you might know where it is.
Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 5T
Also Read, The Role of an Android Bootloader
Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Open the command window in the ADB installation folder
(Right click while holding the shift on an empty area of the folder and click on Open command window here)
- Now, boot your OnePlus 5T into fastboot mode and connect it to the PC
- Then enter the below command to flash the TWRP image file into the device
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This will take few seconds of time to be done
- Once the flashing process is done, don’t reboot your OnePlus 5T using any of the fastboot commands. Instead, manually disconnect your OnePlus 5T and then boot it into Recovery using Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Your phone should now boot into TWRP recovery this time
- Now, Swipe to allow modifications if asked.
Root OnePlus 5T
Now your OnePlus 5T has TWRP recovery installed on it and you are ready to Root
- Transfer the downloaded SuperSU or Magisk files into your OnePlus 5T over the MTP connection.
- Select Install in TWRP Recovery’s main menu
- Then navigate to the transferred SuperSU or Magisk file on your OnePlus 5T and select it
- And then Swipe to flash the file
- Once the flashing process is completed, you will see a Reboot system button at the bottom of the recovery, just tap on it.
- That’s it, you are done
- When your OnePlus 5T reboots you will notice the SuperSU or Magisk Manager app in the device app drawer.
Also, you can verify the Root permissions by checking it with Root Checker.