HTC Desire S is an awesome price worthy android smartphone which brings with 3.7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.0 GHz Dual-core processor along with 768 MB RAM and the device runs on Android V 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS. If you are owner of this smartphone and hoping to root it, then you are in the right place. I have given a tutorial to root HTC Desire S smartphone here.
As we all know rooting may gain us a lot of awesome benefits. Rooted Android can boost up the performance, extend the battery life, block ads in apps, uninstall pre-installed bloatwares, flash a Custom ROM on your device.can turn into latest Appearance and customize it truly as real administrator.Furthermore, You need to know what you will brings with Android Rooting. If you have knowledge about all the benefits , risks of rooting and post rooting management when you can make huge android experience via android rooting.
You can root your device via KingoRoot basically. KingoRoot can find as PC and APKversion. Both versions are one click root tool as well as most user friendly rooting programs.Additionally,you should unlock the bootloader of HTC Desire S before rooting.Anyway,if you haven’t any idea about unlock Bootloader when you need to know about it.So you can read this tutorial to make your Knowledge easily.
Don’t Miss to Read – How to Unlock HTC Bootloader?
You can easily root your HTC Desire S smartphone via this rooting methods.
Rooting your HTC Desire S smartphone will void your device warranty, it is nature of most manufacturers and careers who they do not hope further developments on your Smart Device by users. Anyway, you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about it before rooting on your device.
1) Take complete backup on your HTC Desire S. So, take it by using an appropriate app like Titanium Backup or Appropiate other Backup App
2) Make sure that your HTC Desire S smartphone has at least 50-60% of battery charged.
4) Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone by following this path as below,
Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in Settings, enable it by using this path as below,
Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
4) Download HTC Desire S USB driver and install it on your computer. By doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone to the computer by using the USB Cable.
After you have finished all these steps as above, you can move to the rooting tutorial given as below.
ROOT HTC Desire S ANDROID SMARTPHONE:
1) Download Kingoroot for windows (PC Version) & install it on your PC. After installation has finished, launch the KingoRoot window Version.
2) Connect your HTC Desire S smartphone to the computer through the USB data cable. Otherwise, If you haven’t already installed the USB driver for your device properly when KingoRoot will automatically download the required USB drivers and install it safely and correctly.
3) After the installation of USB drivers, you will get the following message as HTC Desire S Normal Mode. Root Status: No. At this stage, you should click on the “Root” button to start the rooting process.
4) Kingo Root will take several minutes to finish the rooting process. After it has finished, you will get the message as“Root Succeeded.”
Now you have finished all steps and gained a rooted android device. It means that you are successfully finished rooting HTC Desire S smartphone. To confirm, install Root Checker on your device and confirm your device’s root privileges easily.
If root for HTC Desire S will be failed, then please try it multiple times because there are several scripts integrated in the root apk & only runs one at a time. So please try it a few times to run different scripts.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.